The ISA works to achieve our mission by collaborative development and implementation of a strategic plan that sets out specific goals and activities.
Our current strategic plan (below) covers the period 2016 to 2020. The plan gives a brief introduction and context to our work, lays out our mission, vision and guiding principles, and specifies five strategies for mission achievement.
Within each of these strategies, ISA aims to ensure sufficient action to make change happen. We have an opportunity for YOU to engage with us to ensure this!
1. Collaboration: Promote collaboration between organizations and individuals including parents, bereavement carers, health care professionals, researchers and policy makers.
- TAKE ACTION: Join ISA!
2. Capacity building: Increase local capacity to address stillbirth.
- TAKE ACTION: Learn about our joint work with our Australia-based Regional Office, the Stillbirth Centre for Research Excellence, on IMPROVE, a hands-on training workshop to build clinical skills for management of perinatal deaths. Share with a clinical colleague and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you!
3. Awareness: Increase the availability of high-quality evidenced-based information on stillbirth.
- TAKE ACTION: Check out our Resources tab and consider sharing what you find with a friend or colleague. If you tweet, use our hashtag, #EndStillbirths @ISAStillbirth
4. Prevention: Promote best practice in stillbirth prevention and facilitate high quality research and audit which addresses causes of stillbirth.
- TAKE ACTION: Check out the latest activities in our Prevention Working Group
5. Bereavement care: Improve the delivery of appropriate care for parents.
- TAKE ACTION: Our Bereavement Working Group is focused on development of global guidelines for bereavement care. Read up on this work and let us know what you think on the International Stillbirth Alliance Facebook page.
6. Sustainability: Ensure a strong and healthy organization.
- TAKE ACTION: Consider donating. Any amount is helpful! We use your generous donations for mission-focused activities such as helping bring delegates from low- and middle-income countries to our annual conferences.
We will be developing a new strategy for 2021-2025 to align with global processes related to the Sustainable Development Goals and the Every Newborn Action Plan, which set out interim targets related to stillbirth prevention for 2025. Let us know if you have suggestions. We would love to hear from you!
Links to our current and previous Strategic Plan
In 2014 and 2015 took the time to do a thorough internal review before proceeding with the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan.