The International Stillbirth Alliance (ISA) celebrated 20 years in 2023 since its founding in 2003 by three bereaved mothers from the USA. Their vision was simple – to connect parents, clinicians, researchers, and families globally – so that the journey of other parents can be different from theirs.
Twenty years later, our work to end preventable stillbirths has a global impact as we reached more than 50 countries worldwide, through our members and our activities. During the last year, we:
- Brought bereaved parents to the centre stage at the International Maternal Newborn Health Conference (IMNHC), organized by AlignMNH in Cape Town. ISA parent representatives shared their lived experience to provide insights into parent expectations from the maternal and newborn health community and to generate momentum for action.
- Launched the Global Guide for Stillbirth Advocacy and Implementation for use by the policymakers to implement and for parents to advocate for stillbirth prevention and bereavement support around the world.
- Connected parents, parent support groups, clinicians, researchers, and policymakers at our 18th annual stillbirth-focused international conference in Sheffield, UK.
- Expanded the Registry of support organizations, for the parents and others to find resources in their geographical area.
- Continued dissemination of the two Advocacy Toolkits to support bereaved parents and healthcare workers in sharing their views and needs within their country.
Our work is sustained by membership fees, donations, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Please consider making a donation today and help us expand our reach to parents and communities who are left behind. Your contribution, no matter the size, will have a profound impact.
You may donate online by filling in your donation details below, or if you prefer to donate anonymously, by clicking on the “Donate anonymously” link below. Your payment will be processed via PayPal. Please note that you do NOT need a PayPal account in order to donate with PayPal. If you encounter any problems donating via PayPal, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may also donate via check. Please make out the check to “International Stillbirth Alliance” and mail to us at the following address:
International Stillbirth Alliance
P.O. Box 14
Millburn, NJ 07041
If you wish to donate by other means, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs and we will make every effort to find a way for you to donate conveniently!
If you are able to donate in-kind, for instance by providing support for parents or low-income country delegates to attend our annual conferences, or by helping with translation needs, please contact us at email@example.com to tell us more about how you can help, and we will work together to help you help us to achieve our mission!
The International Stillbirth Alliance is tax-exempt under Section 501(C)3 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and all gifts are tax deductible in the U.S.