ISA is delighted to be participating in the first Align MNH event in Cape Town: https://imnhc2023.org/
If you are there in person, please come join us at the following sessions:
Wednesday 10th May 2023
- 10:45-11:30 Toolkits to reduce stigma and strengthen bereavement care post-stillbirth in developing countries
In this session ISA will seek input on country-level implementation of two toolkits designed for health care providers to provide quality care to bereaved parents post-stillbirth, and for bereaved parents to advocate for care themselves.
- 15:15-16:15 Why Are Two Million Stillbirths Still Not on Policy Agendas, and How Can This Be Changed?
This interactive session, “involving brief framing remarks, a moderated panel, and audience engagement,” will examine why stillbirths remain neglected as a political priority and steps that can be taken to transcend this neglect.
Thursday 11th May 2023
- 11:50-13:05 Ending the Silence on Stillbirths: Critical Data Gaps, Challenges, and Solutions
The session will bring together governments, international organizations, and civil society to share expertise and experience, highlight best practices, and provide practical recommendations on collecting stillbirth data and improving evidence to end preventable stillbirths.
The panel will address three key questions:
- Which critical data gaps must be closed to end preventable stillbirths?
- Which challenges stand in the way of collecting stillbirth data?
- Where do we see innovative solutions to improved stillbirth data availability and quality?
- 15:15-16.00 Launch of the Global Stillbirth Advocacy and Implementation Guide
This session launches an action-focused guide co-developed with bereaved parents designed to be used to integrate stillbirth prevention and care into national-, subnational-, and health facility-level programmes and policies across the continuum of care.